CHESS in Concert CD and DVD release dates

This information relates to the three editions of CHESS in Concert: the 2 CD set featuring the full show, the 1 CD highlights edition and the DVD.

Amazon.com pre-orders

CHESS in Concert Trailer

29 Responses to “CHESS in Concert CD and DVD release dates”

1. Finnesse 20 Apr, 2009 at 7:01 PM #

WOW – less than two months to wait! So excited here!

2. Chirpie 20 Apr, 2009 at 10:03 PM #

So will these be available places like Amazon.com, or just through PBS in the US? Cant wait!!!

3. admin 20 Apr, 2009 at 10:35 PM #

Hi Chirpie,

The CDs and DVD will be available at all major outlets in the US. The same goes for the UK i.e available at all major outlets – including http://www.dresscircle.co.uk – the online musical theatre shop.

4. Joy 20 Apr, 2009 at 11:11 PM #

Wow! :) This gets more exciting and exciting! :) Thank you Ice. :)

For those of us in the UK, will we be able to order it from Dress Circle as well as Amazon? :) xox

5. Ellis 20 Apr, 2009 at 11:34 PM #

Is there any idea on prices for all three editions?? i personaly am interested in GBP.

6. Krystal_Lynn 21 Apr, 2009 at 2:00 AM #

Oh this is so exciting! I’ve been waiting for months for this. Can’t wait!

7. Debbie 21 Apr, 2009 at 3:29 AM #

Are there any where now that you can place pre-orders in?

Debbie

8. Joana 21 Apr, 2009 at 9:02 PM #

I was actually wondering if this is going to be released in Portugal since I’m rather curious about it and want to purchase the DVD at the least =)

9. Jana and Ralf 22 Apr, 2009 at 1:36 PM #

WOW, thank you so much for this information. It makes our day! We can not wait to buy this incredible memories of our stay at The Royal Albert Hall, it was great! Best greetings from Germany to all people and Fans around the world!

10. Mark Grice 22 Apr, 2009 at 4:03 PM #

I carnt wait to get my hands on a copy of this. I will have to warn next door, cause this will be "PUMP UP THE VOLUME" material.Yeah baby!!!!

11. Jack 22 Apr, 2009 at 10:05 PM #

So glad to get this information, have seen the show on numerous occasions, my favourite of all time by far, so excited, can’t wait!

12. Kathryn 23 Apr, 2009 at 9:34 AM #

YAY June 15th! Excited much!! And all my exams are done and I’m home for summer – life can’t get much better!

13. Hannah 23 Apr, 2009 at 9:07 PM #

EEEEEE!! June 15th!! Right close to Kerry’s concert too!!! HAPPIENESS!

14. Bronx 23 Apr, 2009 at 10:06 PM #

This is great news. Will it also be available on blu-ray?

15. Martin 23 Apr, 2009 at 11:55 PM #

Kerry has a concert – do you have more info?

16. IreneK24 24 Apr, 2009 at 2:21 AM #

Oh ice – I could just give you the biggest hug for including Canada for the release. This is a very exciting time for all the Grobanites all over the world.

My daughter is especially excited as she is completely enamored by Adam. We drove her to Buffalo to see him in Rent.

Idina and Kerry – magnificent voices of passion.

Thank you, again, for remembering the rest of us so far away but yet so clsoe.

17. Lorna 26 Apr, 2009 at 11:48 AM #

Whoopee! 15th June is my birthday!! What a great birthday gift to me :)

18. Nadine 26 Apr, 2009 at 8:39 PM #

"The release date in the UK and elsewhere is June 15."

Does elsewhere includes Germany, too????? Cause I want this like hell. :D

19. maureen gerrard 26 Apr, 2009 at 11:07 PM #

My birthday is June 17 and all i want is to see Josh in Chess!! saw the show on May 12 i will never forget it ,i will buy 3 copies just in case i wear them out

20. Jo 26 Apr, 2009 at 11:55 PM #

"Kerry has a concert – do you have more info?"

Kerry is performing The Great British Songbook at The Shaw Theatre in London on the 20th (Although I believe this date is sold out now), 21st and 25th June. Tickets can be obtained from the shaw theatres website, if you’re interested.

Can’t wait for this to be released. SO exciting.

21. Diane Reeves 01 May, 2009 at 5:09 AM #

Surely you can tell that it is time for a full revival of the play

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From me (age 57) and my daughter (age 23) – get it!!!!

22. Gene 05 May, 2009 at 5:36 AM #

Will it be sold at Walmart/Target stores or like Best buy?

23. Alec 08 May, 2009 at 7:46 PM #

So looking forward to this CD and DVD I was one of the lucky ones at the concert which was truly memorable but as I am sure you heard had the most appaling sound and everyone complained about it. So it is going to be great to hear it how it should have been on the night. Cant wait. Oh and thanks to the person who posted about Kerry’s concerts. She must have added a third one as originally was only doing 2. Guess I had better book quick.

24. Alan 19 May, 2009 at 1:44 PM #

Soooo looking forward to this, thank you for posting the information and the trailer.

But, talking of the trailer, is there something wrong with my ears, or is the line "Where would I start" from Anthem painfully flat?

I thought that anthem sounded awful when I saw a videophone bootleg posted on youtube, but sure that’s exactly the kind of thing that gets tidied up in post-processing?

/alan

25. Rebecca Cohen 20 May, 2009 at 1:19 PM #

I rushed to the Dress Circle shop when I saw they had added the US recordings in their new releases section instead of their future releases section so I thought maybe they had got these early but it was not so. I found out the US versions are coming out as planned on 16th June but the UK CDs and DVD will not be released till sometime in July. Just hope they are wrong!

26. Alex Cockell 22 May, 2009 at 11:39 PM #

I went ot dresscircle.co.uk – only the REGION 1 DVD is visible. Please could you advise when the Region 2 disc will be on sale.

27. Alex Cockell 22 May, 2009 at 11:50 PM #

Oh -also – is there a UK broadcast scheduled at all? Preferably on FTA terrestrial?

28. Alex Cockell 23 May, 2009 at 12:05 AM #

Or.. this is one production that would work on *film*. If not a stage revival.. how about engaging a really good producer and director.. and get Chess onto the big screen?

Tim did it with Evita…

29. RobertNYC 16 Jun, 2009 at 4:45 PM #

Will this be released in Blu Ray at some point, can not find any information on that. It is being showen on PBS in HD….. Thanks for the info!!!