Benny undertakes secret work on new organ piece

In February 2012, icethesite revealed that Benny was to write music for an innovative organ project. A super modern organ is currently being buit in the Acusticum in Piteå which can be played remotely over the web and will feature as its first unique composition a work by Benny.

It seems that, according to Swedish media outlet Expressen, the work has started with Benny playing the secret piece (along with members of Orsa Spelman) that will be revealed to the wider world when the SEK 30 million organ is revealed later this year or early 2013.

Hans-Ola Ericsson checking out the organ pipes. Image: Joseph Knevel.

Tags: , ,

8 Responses to “Benny undertakes secret work on new organ piece”

1. Adam 07 May, 2012 at 11:31 AM #

Great! Benny is such an innovative musician! :)

2. Robb 09 May, 2012 at 3:40 AM #

This is Benny’s dragon in the cave. Nothing will rock your world better than a pipe organ, especially the bass notes and treble. I’d love to hear the riff from Gimme Gimme Gimme on that beast. It’s a lot of pressure, Benny, but no better composer to take the challenge. I can’t wait for the results…

3. mikespeir 11 May, 2012 at 3:14 PM #

Huh? We heard about this quite some time ago. I thought the grand opening was supposed to be last year sometime. Anyway, I’ll be glad whenever it happens. Dare I hope that Benny himself will perform the piece?

4. Michael Salkeld 12 May, 2012 at 12:27 AM #

Sounds very exciting.

5. Adam 13 May, 2012 at 7:26 PM #

Bennys dragons in the cave aleays get better and better….. ;)

6. Stephen Charbonneau 19 May, 2012 at 5:59 PM #

As a non musical person who once and still does listen and follow ABBA, I am sure that Benny can and will write a piece that will literally blow the top off from the dragons cave. However, Benny, as the person he is would probably rebuild it. For about a year and a half I am building cabinet work for pipe organs. Someday I may even know a few notes. Maybe enough to play Intermezzo No1. Lesson Benny? Just kidding. ABBA really never died out, we just turned the B around. That switch will never go back on. Good luck on the new piece.

7. Robb 24 May, 2012 at 4:37 AM #

Hi Stephen,the B resersed was Björn facing Agnetha as a couple. That was their logo.ABBA never disbanded. Will we see more???

8. jan cornillie 17 Jun, 2012 at 6:03 PM #

Hi Ice, have a look at this page: http://acusticumorgan.com/articles/55-programme-pitea-organ-symposium-festival-2012. Benny will perform in October (20 and 21) with his friends…