If you want to be first in line when ABBA the Museum opens in 2009, here is your chance. On Wednesday, December 5, we reveal the opening date and the same day at 1 pm the first Opening Packages for this glittering Opening Week are released.
3,000 packages are released worldwide through www.ticnet.se. Your Opening Package includes entrance tickets, the right to by-pass the queue and to decide the exact day and time for your visit, and other Opening Week VIP benefits. The first 1,000 purchasers can win a copy of Anders Hanser’s book Från ABBA till Mamma Mia! signed by all the former members of ABBA.
There are three different packages: Platinum, Gold and Silver. The Platinum Packages also include invitations to “behind the scenes” events before the attraction opens and the chance to win 2 tickets for the star-studded Grand Opening Party.
All the information about the Opening Packages is available at the website of the ABBA museum
Anyone looking for any high definition extras is going to be disappointed as they are taken straight from the standard release.
I’m pretty sure that the main feature itself in glorious high definition video and audio will keep me more than satisfied – and presumably will get rid of that horrible switching between layers during Why Did It Have To Be Me on the "ordinary" DVD.
Here’s how the products are introduced on the official site:
November 2007 ABBA – The Movie to be released in HD-DVD and Blu-ray formats ABBA’s famous movie, depicting their 1977 tour of Australia, will soon be available in the digital formats of the future.
Back in 2005, when ABBA – The Movie was first prepared for a DVD release, the movie was scanned in the superior format of HD-DVD. The actual DVD released that year was in "ordinary" DVD quality, but it was thought that there should be an HD-DVD master prepared for a future release. That time has now arrived.
On November 26, an HD-DVD version of ABBA – The Movie will be issued (catalogue number: Polar 06025 174 712-4).
This release is followed by a Blu-ray version on December 12 (catalogue number: Polar 06025 174 712-3).
Full length movie fully restored with remastered and uncompressed surround sound, and fantastic extras including:
- Interview with Lasse Hallstrom (the director) and ABBA’s Björn and Benny, filmed in 2005
- Tour souvenir programme gallery
- Memorabilia gallery ABBA –The Movie
- Original trailer ABBA – The Album,
- TV ad -two versions
- Release dates may vary from territory to territory.
ABBA The Movie news on ABBA The Site
Many thanks to Sara for the use of her fantastic picture of Frida at the Sunflower Jam event in London on Thursday, 20th September.
October 2007 is the projected release date for the Deluxe Edition of ABBA – The Album, originally released 30 years ago, in 1977.
In line with last year’s Deluxe Edition of Arrival, ABBA – The Album will be extended with six bonus tracks and a DVD of rare and previously unreleased performances and news reports.
The illustrated booklet features an extensive essay on the making of the album. Watch this space for more information and previews later in the year.
Disc 01: CD
- Take A Chance On Me
- One Man, One Woman
- The Name Of The Game
- Move On
- Hole In Your Soul “The Girl With The Golden Hair” – 3 scenes from a mini-musical
- Thank You For The Music
- I Wonder (Departure)
- I’m A Marionette
- Eagle (Single Edit)
- Take A Chance On Me (Live Version; Alternate Mix)
- Thank You For The Music (Doris Day Version)
- Al Andar (Spanish Version of Move On)
- I Wonder (Departure) (Live Version)
- Gracias Por La Música (Spanish Version of Thank You For The Music)
Disc 02: DVD
- Eagle/Thank You For The Music (Star Parade, ZDF)
- Take A Chance On Me (Am Laufenden Band, Radio Bremen)
- The Name Of The Game (ABBA Special, TBS)
- Thank You For The Music (Mike Yarwood’s Christmas Show, BBC)
- Take A Chance On Me (Star Parade, ZDF)
- ABBA on tour in 1977 (Rapport, SVT)
- Recording ABBA – The Album (Gomorron Sverige, SVT)
- ABBA in London, February 1978 (Blue Peter, BBC)
- ABBA in America, May 1978 (Rapport, SVT)
- ABBA – The Album Television Commercial I (UK)
- ABBA – The Album Television Commercial II (AUSTRALIA)
- International Sleeve Gallery
Former ABBA singer Anni-Frid Lyngstad was left embarrassed at a London charity auction last Thursday (14 Sept. 06) when she drew her own winning raffle ticket.
The Waterloo star was at an event in aid of the Sam Buxton Sunflower Healing Trust alongside stars including Deep Purple rocker Ian Paice.
However, when she selected her own ticket the kind-hearted star immediately tore it up. An onlooker says, "She was rather shocked but she thought it was funny and made a joke about it.
"However, she graciously said she could never accept the prize and tore up her ticket and drew another one so someone else could win. It was a lovely gesture."
Many thanks to Colin Collier for the amazing pictures.
PR Inside – Frida Story