ABBA In Pictures exhibition – CANCELLED
ABBA In Pictures Exhibition
Press Release: On May 15 the world’s first ABBA photo exhibition will open in Stockholm. The visitors will enter the world of the stars and experience the story about the all-time biggest pop group through hundreds of familiar and never-before-seen photographs.
With ABBA’s music as the soundtrack, naturally.
The Gallerian shopping arcade is trying a new approach and has converted a large two-storey shop into an exhibition room. ABBA in Pictures will be shown here 15 May–13 September, 2009.
The concept and production comes courtesy of Ewa Wigenheim-Westman & Ulf Westman Attraction Design AB (the founders of ABBA the Museum), in collaboration with Gallerian.
It is 35 years since ABBA’s victory with Waterloo in Brighton, and now, for the first time in the history of the group, a photo exhibition is produced. The group was one of the most frequently photographed during the ‘70s, covering their career in a completely unique way. We trace the members’ story from the late ‘60s until their break in 1982. The focus is on the hard work behind the music: you don’t become the world’s biggest pop group by coincidence. Of course the pictures are accompanied by ABBA’s music. Spontaneous sing-a-longs and dancing may occur!
– Exhibitions are a part of the experience industry and our approach in terms of concept and idea is to focus on the visitors’ experience. There is no better theme than ABBA if that’s what you want to achieve. To bring culture to a place that many people and tourists visit on a daily basis means a fantastic opportunity for this exclusive exhibition, says Ulf Westman, MD Attraction Design AB.
– Naturally, we are very happy to get the world’s first ABBA photo exhibition here at Gallerian.
This is exactly in line with our ambition to strengthen our position as an attractive meeting place in the city. We want culture to have a natural presence in Gallerian and add a touch of glamour to our daily lives, says Anders Salomonsson, Head of Marketing at Gallerian.
- Exhibition period: 15 May – 13 September, 2009.
- Photographers: A selection of photographers who have followed ABBA, professionally and privately.
- Where: Gallerian in Stockholm (the former Åhléns premises)
- Concept & Production: Ewa Wigenheim-Westman & Ulf Westman, Attraction Design AB (founders of ABBA the Museum.)
- Ticket booking: Will open April 1.
Ice’s note: The Official ABBA Fan Club is stating that this exhibition is nhow cancelled due to rights issues that the company behind it do hope to resolve in the future.