CHESS single covered by ‘The Killers’
The song (from the original concept album of CHESS), was a worldwide hit in 1985 for Murray Head when it was issued as a single – reaching #1 in Australia, Germany and Switzerland, #3 in the United States and #12 in the UK.
The Killers’ drummer Ronnie Vannucci told Billboard.com that the song is part of a potential album of cover versions, of which three or four tracks are already recorded.
Other cover versions of One Night In Bangkok (Source wikipedia):
- A dance version of the song was recorded by Robey in 1984, which peaked at #5 on the US Billboard Dance Chart, before the success of the original version.
- Steve Vai incorporated part of the song in his 1996 Fire Garden Suite.
- Norwegian singer Jan Werner Danielsen covered the song on his 1998 album Music Of The Night
- Swedish pop group A*Teens recorded a cover of the song for their 2003 album New Arrival
- Danish boy band C21 released a cover of the song as a single in September 2003.
- In 2005, the track gained new popularity in Europe, thanks to a remix by the dance act Vinylshakerz. The producers sampled the chorus of the song and turned it into a modern dance track. The remix became a success in several European countries, and found its way into clubs throughout the spring of 2005.
- DJ Antoine, a swiss DJ, covered the song for his album Live in Bangkok in 2008.
Thanks to Bazz.