When Björn Ulvaeus met Richard Dawkins
In the video embedded below, former ABBA member Björn Ulvaeus meets author, ethologist and evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins.
The meeting was recorded on 12 December 2015 at the Cirkus theatre in Stockholm. The pair discuss Dawkins’ work on the front line of research and about their joint fight against superstition and fallacies.
Björn is a prominent member of the Swedish Humanist Association and has written articles about his humanistic approach to life. On joining the Humanist society, Björn said: “When I saw irrational, religious conservative values and hostility against science influencing society, I searched for an organisation that deals with these questions.”
Dawkins’ book Kampen mot illusionerna (Fight against delusions) seen in the background of the video revolves around the second half of his eventful life and relates his encounters and experiences linked to science and research. The organisers of the event were Fri Tanke Publishing House and the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
The video lasts for 1 hour, 7 minutes.
- Björn Ulvaeus möter Richard Dawkins
- icethesite – Björn Ulvaeus: Artist and atheist
- icethesite – Björn Ulvaeus: Even atheists can marvel
- icethesite – Björn Ulvaeus: The story of Jesus is just a myth to me
- icethesite – Björn Ulvaeus: I imagine a universe that doesn’t care one bit about me
- icethesite.com – Björn Ulvaeus visits offices of New Humanist magazine in London
- Björn Ulvaeus on Humanism